- Use #240 sandpaper to smooth out the entire area, then use Minwax over the affected area (following the manufacturer’s instruction). You can use either Minwax 13612000 Wood Putty, 3.75 Ounce, Colonial Maple or Minwax 11002 Number-2 Blend-Fil Wood Repair Stain Pencil in Natural Bleached Wood.
- Then mix two parts Old English Scratch Cover for Light Woods and one part Old English Oil.
- Rub this into the area using a microfiber cloth and let it sit for a while.
- Rub off the excess and repeat as necessary. It will restore color to the scratched area and should protect the bamboo from moisture.
- Re-apply some over-the-counter polyurethane clear coat for wood.
Have more questions? Submit a request