To prevent damage, Jarvis is outfitted with an accelerometer that stops it from moving if it runs into an object above or below it.
If your Jarvis has a touchscreen handset, you can use these steps to change the sensitivity settings to High, Medium, or Low.
Here’s how to change the settings to Low:
- Hold the M for three seconds, or until you see “Lock/Unlock” on the screen.
- Use the ▲ or ▼ icons to navigate the menu until you see “Anti-collision,” then press “1” to select.
- Use the ▲ or ▼ icons to navigate to LOW, then press “1” to select.
- Press “4” to return to the main menu and let the handset display time out.
- Tap to wake the screen and hold the ▼ icon until your desk displays RESET.
- Press and hold it again until your desk dips down and pops back up.
Previous model (purchased before November 2019)
- Press and hold the DOWN button until the desk reaches its lowest position. Release.
- Press and hold the DOWN button again, until the display begins to flash RST (looks like ASГ).
- With the display still flashing RST, press and hold the UP* button for about 5 seconds. The desk will advance its sensitivity to the next setting. If you have a programmable memory display, it will show a code that relates to the new setting. If you have a standard Up/Down switch, this process still works, but you will not be able to see these codes.
- 10.5 - Most sensitive (default)
- 10.6 - Medium sensitivity
- 10.7 - Least sensitive
* On older versions, instead of the UP button, the 3 button needs to be used. On the oldest versions, this feature is not available at all. If you find that you’re not able to update this with either the UP or the 3 button, please give us a call.
- To advance to the next setting, press and hold the UP button again for five seconds, until the displayed readout updates. Once you reach the last setting, changing it again will cycle back to the first one.
- Once your preferred setting displays, release the button and wait about five seconds for the display to return to RST.
- Complete the reset process by pressing and holding the DOWN button again while the desk lowers a bit more, slightly rises, and then stops. Release the button. Your new anti-collision sensitivity is now saved, and the desk is ready to use.