The pre-drilled holes on your Fully desktop are designed to provide a tight fit so the handset won't move around once it's in place. If you’re having difficulty with attaching your handset, here are some tips:
- Make sure the desktop is upside down, and position your shoulders directly above the screw. Use the weight of your torso to force the screw into the hole.
- Try widening the holes using the wood screws before attempting to attach the handset.
- If you have a power screwdriver, use it to leverage some additional force; it’s normal for the screw to slightly displace the plastic in the handset slots as you’re tightening it down.
- You can also use a 1/8" drill bit to deepen the pilot hole, which should allow the wood screw to connect all the way. Just be sure to mask off the thickness of the desktop on the drill bit before doing this so that you don’t accidentally drill through the top.
- If you have any extra metal washers, try putting those between the wood screw and handset.