For Jarvis desktops 30” to 42” wide
- Attach the control box to your desktop using the Phillips head desktop machine screws.
- If the oval and circular screw holes in the Control Box appear too narrow, widen them by threading the screws through both holes using a manual or battery-powered screwdriver.
- If the screws are still too short, use a 6mm hex key to back out the metal inserts until they are flush with the desktop.
- Try attaching the control box to the desktop again.
If the machine screws seem too short or won't thread into the metal inserts, your metal inserts may be too deeply recessed.
For a quick fix, take a 6mm hex key (for Bamboo desktops) and "back out" the inserts until they are flush with the surface of the desktop. Your machine screws should then be able to catch the thread easily.
Jarvis Desktops 48" or wider
- Attach the control box by sliding it down onto the capture plate located on one of your frame ends. If you're having trouble, check the tab on the capture plate (labeled 1 in the image below) to see if it's bent. If so, bend it into place so that the pieces are flush with one another.
- Alternatively, you can attach the control box to the underside of the desktop using the M5x16 wood screws included with your main hardware kit.
- You don't need pre-drilled holes or pilot holes for this installation method; the screws can be inserted directly into the desktop.