Warm water with a small amount of mild dish detergent is best for cleaning most Fully desktops including: Laminate, EcoTop, Natural and Dark Bamboo, Wood Veneer, Hardwood, and Reclaimed Wood.
Dry with a clean, non-abrasive cloth and avoid using harsh cleaners, detergents, or bleach as these can damage the finish.
For Hardwood, Reclaimed Wood, or Wood Veneer desktops, we recommend the following additional care tips:
- Using a coaster for hot and cold beverages
- Use a mouse pad and avoid writing directly onto the surface
- Avoid letting water or other fluids puddle on the surface; wipe up spills quickly
- Avoid long-term sun exposure to prevent fading
- Don’t use abrasive cloths or sponges
- Don’t use furniture polish, waxes, or oils
The Jarvis Whiteboard desktop should be cleaned in the same way as any other dry erase product, but may require a whiteboard specific cleaner if the dry erase marker has been left on the surface for a long period of time. We recommend Expo markers and erasers.
The Designer Ply desktop should also be treated with special care:
- Protect from heat, moisture and sharp objects
- If using an adhesive remover like GooGone, rinse and dry immediately afterwards
Warm water and mild detergent is the safest cleaning solution for Designer Ply. If you need something a little more heavy duty, the manufacturer recommends the following:
- Greenworks by Clorox
- Antibac Multi Surface by Method
- All Purpose Cleaner by Ecos
- Botanical Disinfectant All Purpose Cleaner by CleanWell
- All Purpose Cleaner by Zep
- Multi Surface Cleaner by Pledge
- All Purpose Cleaner by Simple Green
- Multi Purpose Cleaner by Mr. Clean